WorkOS Website Terms and Conditions
Last Updated: October 29, 2020
- Agreement to Terms. By using this Website, you expressly accept all terms and conditions contained herein in full. You must not use this Website if you have any objection to any of these Terms.
- Intellectual Property Rights. We may make available through the Website materials and content that is subject to intellectual property rights. WorkOS and/or its licensors own all rights (including all intellectual property) in and to such materials and content.
You are granted a limited license, subject to the restrictions provided in these Terms, for the sole purposes of viewing the materials and content contained on this Website for personal, noncommercial use only. All rights not expressly granted are reserved by WorkOS.
Restrictions. You are expressly restricted from all of the following:
- publishing any Website material in any media;
- publicly performing and/or showing any Website material;
- using this Website in any way that is, or may be, damaging to this Website;
- using this Website in any way that impacts access to this Website by other users;
- using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in a way that causes, or may cause, harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity;
- engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website, or while using this Website (including through spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools or the like) other than searching the Website using generally available third-party web browsers;
- using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing;
- using, displaying, mirroring or framing the Website, WorkOS’ name, any WorkOS trademark, logo or other proprietary information, or the layout and design of any page or form contained on a page, without WorkOS’ express written consent;
avoiding, bypassing, removing, deactivating, impairing, descrambling or otherwise circumventing any technological measure implemented by WorkOS or any of WorkOS’ providers or any other third party (including another user) to protect the Website;
- using the Website for any commercial purpose or for the benefit of any third party or in any manner not permitted by these Terms;
- violating any applicable law or regulation; or
- encouraging or enabling any other individual to do any of the foregoing.
- Feedback. We appreciate feedback, comments, ideas, proposals and suggestions for improvements to the Website (“Feedback”). If you choose to submit Feedback, you agree that we are free to use it without any restriction or compensation to you.
- Links to Third Party Websites or Resources. The Website may include hyperlinks to third-party websites or resources. We provide access only as a convenience and are not responsible for the content, products or services on or available from those resources or links displayed on such websites. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from, your use of any third-party websites or resources.
- Warranty Disclaimers. THIS WEBSITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, OF ANY KIND RELATED TO THIS WEBSITE OR THE MATERIALS CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE, AND WE EXPLICITLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUIET ENJOYMENT AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND ANY WARRANTIES ARISING OUT OF COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. We make no warranty regarding the quality, accuracy, timeliness, truthfulness, completeness or reliability of any information or content on the Website. ADDITIONALLY, NOTHING CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE SHALL BE CONSTRUED AS PROVIDING CONSULT OR ADVICE TO YOU.
- Limitation of Liability.
(a) TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, NEITHER WORKOS NOR ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING, OR DELIVERING THE WEBSITE WILL BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, LOST REVENUES, LOST SAVINGS, LOST BUSINESS OPPORTUNITY, LOSS OF DATA OR GOODWILL, SERVICE INTERRUPTION, COMPUTER DAMAGE OR SYSTEM FAILURE OR THE COST OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT WORKOS OR ITS SERVICE PROVIDERS HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, EVEN IF A LIMITED REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
(B) TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY THE LAW OF THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION, IN NO EVENT WILL WORKOS’ TOTAL LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THESE TERMS OR FROM THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
- Indemnification. You hereby agree to indemnify to the fullest extent WorkOS from and against any and all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
- Severability. If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render these Terms unenforceable or invalid as a whole, and such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
- Changes to Terms. We may update these Terms from time to time in our sole discretion. By using this Website you are expected to review these Terms on a regular basis to ensure you understand all terms and conditions governing use of this Website. If you continue to use the Website after we have posted updated Terms it means that you accept and agree to the changes. If you do not agree to be bound by the changes, you may not use the Website anymore.
- Governing Law & Jurisdiction. These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to its conflict of laws provisions. The exclusive jurisdiction for all disputes, claims or controversies arising out of or relating to these Terms or the use of the Website or content contained on the Website will be the state and federal courts located in the State of California and you and WorkOS each waive any objection to jurisdiction and venue in such courts.
- Contact. If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact us at [email protected].