WorkOS Terms and Conditions
WorkOS, Inc. (“WorkOS”) is a Delaware corporation, providing software services that helps make apps enterprise-ready. The “WorkOS Services” means the WorkOS platform, the WorkOS API and any other software or services offered by WorkOS in connection to any of those.
Your use of this website is governed by these Website Standard Terms And Conditions (the “Terms” or these “Website Standard Terms And Conditions”) contained herein on this webpage, including all pages within this website (collectively referred to herein below as this “Website”).
These Terms apply in full force and effect to your use of this Website and by using this Website, you expressly accept all terms and conditions contained herein in full. You must not use this Website, if you have any objection to any of these Website Standard Terms And Conditions.
This Website is not for use by any minors (defined as those who are not at least 18 years of age), and you must not use this Website if you a minor.
Intellectual Property Rights
Other than content you own, which you may have opted to include on this Website, under these Terms, WorkOS and/or its licensors own all rights to the intellectual property and material contained in this Website, and all such rights are reserved (whether those rights happen to be registered or not, and wherever in the world those rights may exist).
You are granted a limited license only, subject to the restrictions provided in these Terms, for purposes of viewing the material contained on this Website.
You are expressly and emphatically restricted from all of the following:
- publishing any Website material in any media;
- selling, sublicensing and/or otherwise commercializing any Website material;
- publicly performing and/or showing any Website material;
- using this Website in any way that is, or may be, damaging to this Website;
- using this Website in any way that impacts user access to this Website;
- using this Website contrary to applicable laws and regulations, or in a way that causes, or may cause, harm to the Website, or to any person or business entity;
- engaging in any data mining, data harvesting, data extracting or any other similar activity in relation to this Website, or while using this Website;
- using this Website to engage in any advertising or marketing;
Certain areas of this Website are restricted from access by you and WorkOS may further restrict access by you to any areas of this Website, at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion. Any user ID and password you may have for this Website are confidential and you must maintain confidentiality of such information.
In these Website Standard Terms And Conditions, “Your Content” shall mean any audio, video, text, images or other material you choose to display on this Website. With respect to Your Content, by displaying it, you grant WorkOS a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicensable license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute it in any and all media.
Your Content must be your own and must not be infringing on any third party’s rights. WorkOS reserves the right to remove any of Your Content from this Website at any time, and for any reason, without notice.
The Website may include hyperlinks to other websites or resources outside of the WorkOS Service. WorkOS may have no control over these websites. You acknowledge and agree that WorkOS is not responsible for the availability of any such external sites or resources and does not endorse any advertising, products or materials on or available from such websites or resources.
This Website is provided “as is,” with all faults, and WorkOS makes no express or implied representations or warranties, of any kind related to this Website or the materials contained on this Website. Additionally, nothing contained on this Website shall be construed as providing consult or advice to you.
Limitation of liability
In no event shall WorkOS, nor any of its officers, directors and employees, be liable to you for anything arising out of or in any way connected with your use of this Website, whether such liability is under contract, tort or otherwise, and WorkOS, including its officers, directors and employees shall not be liable for any indirect, consequential or special liability arising out of or in any way related to your use of this Website.
You hereby indemnify to the fullest extent WorkOS from and against any and all liabilities, costs, demands, causes of action, damages and expenses (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or in any way related to your breach of any of the provisions of these Terms.
If any provision of these Terms is found to be unenforceable or invalid under any applicable law, such unenforceability or invalidity shall not render these Terms unenforceable or invalid as a whole, and such provisions shall be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions herein.
Variation of Terms
WorkOS is permitted to revise these Terms at any time as it sees fit, and by using this Website you are expected to review such Terms on a regular basis to ensure you understand all terms and conditions governing use of this Website.
Revisions may also include changes to our systems impacting the security, availability, or confidentiality of the system. If you continue to use the Services after those changes are in effect, you agree to the revised policy.
WorkOS shall be permitted to assign, transfer, and subcontract its rights and/or obligations under these Terms without any notification or consent required. However, .you shall not be permitted to assign, transfer, or subcontract any of your rights and/or obligations under these Terms.
These Terms, including any legal notices and disclaimers contained on this Website, constitute the entire agreement between WorkOS and you in relation to your use of this Website, and supersede all prior agreements and understandings with respect to the same.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, and you submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Delaware for the resolution of any disputes.
WorkOS considers protection of Customer Data a top priority. As further described in this WorkOS Information Security Policy, WorkOS uses commercially reasonable organizational and technical measures designed to prevent unauthorized access, use, alteration or disclosure of Customer Data stored on systems under WorkOS’ control.
Customer Data and Management
WorkOS limits its personnel’s access to Customer Data as follows:
- Requires unique user access authorization through secure logins and passwords, including multi-factor authentication for Cloud Hosting administrator access;
- Limits the Customer Data available to WorkOS personnel on a “need to know” basis;
- Restricts access to WorkOS’ production environment by WorkOS personnel on the basis of business need;
- Encrypts user security credentials for production access; and
- Prohibits WorkOS personnel from storing Customer Data on electronic portable storage devices such as computer laptops, portable drives and other similar devices.
- WorkOS logically separates each of its customers’ data and maintains measures designed to prevent Customer Data from being exposed to or accessed by other customers.
WorkOS provides industry-standard encryption for Customer Data as follows:
- Implements encryption in transport and at rest;
- Uses strong encryption methodologies to protect Customer Data, including AES 256-bit encryption for Customer Data stored in WorkOS’ production environment; and
- Encrypts all Customer Data located in cloud storage while at rest.
Network Security, Physical Security and Environmental Controls
- WorkOS uses firewalls, network access controls and other techniques designed to prevent unauthorized access to systems processing Customer Data.
- WorkOS maintains measures designed to assess, test and apply security patches to all relevant systems and applications used to provide the Services.
- WorkOS monitors privileged access to applications that process Customer Data, including cloud services.
- The Services operate on Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) and Heroku and are protected by the security and environmental controls of Amazon and Heroku, respectively. Detailed information about AWS security is available at https://aws.amazon.com/security/ and http://aws.amazon.com/security/sharing-the-security-responsibility/. For AWS SOC Reports, please see https://aws.amazon.com/compliance/soc-faqs/. Detailed information about Heroku security is available at https://heroku.com/security/.
- Customer Data stored within AWS or Heroku is encrypted at all times. AWS and Heroku do not have access to unencrypted Customer Data.
If WorkOS becomes aware of unauthorized access or disclosure of Customer Data under its control (a “Breach”), WorkOS will:
- Take reasonable measures to mitigate the harmful effects of the Breach and prevent further unauthorized access or disclosure.
- Upon confirmation of the Breach, notify Customer in writing of the Breach without undue delay. Notwithstanding the foregoing, WorkOS is not required to make such notice to the extent prohibited by Laws, and WorkOS may delay such notice as requested by law enforcement and/or in light of WorkOS legitimate needs to investigate or remediate the matter before providing notice.
Each notice of a Breach will include:
- The extent to which Customer Data has been, or is reasonably believed to have been, used, accessed, acquired or disclosed during the Breach;
- A description of what happened, including the date of the Breach and the date of discovery of the Breach, if known;
- The scope of the Breach, to the extent known; and
- A description of WorkOS’ response to the Breach, including steps WorkOS has taken to mitigate the harm caused by the Breach.
Business Continuity Management
- WorkOS maintains an appropriate business continuity and disaster recovery plan.
- WorkOS maintains processes to ensure failover redundancy with its systems, networks and data storage.
- WorkOS performs employment verification, including proof of identity validation and criminal background checks for all new hires in accordance with applicable law.
- WorkOS provides training for its personnel who are involved in the processing of the Customer Data to ensure they do not collect, process or use Customer Data without authorization and that they keep Customer Data confidential, including following the termination of any role involving the Customer Data.
- WorkOS conducts routine and random monitoring of employee systems activity.
- Upon employee termination, whether voluntary or involuntary, WorkOS immediately disables all access to WorkOS systems.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.